With the exception of the items listed in the “Final Sale & Nonreturnable Items” section below, unused, unboxed, regularly stocked items may be returned by contacting our customer care team within 30 days of the invoice date. A representative will create a return authorization and give you further instructions for completing the return process. Each return is subject to a 25 percent restocking fee which will be deducted from your refund amount. The customer will also be responsible for securing a shipping agent to return the merchandise, plus all shipping fees incurred.
Final Sale & Nonreturnable Items
Used equipment and supplies
Special order items
If you receive a defective item, you will have to file a warranty claim.
All of our orders are packed accordingly with fragile shipments packaged carefully and especially well. Unfortunately, there are occasions when orders might become damaged in transit. El Campo Refrigeration (ECR) is not responsible for orders damaged in transit.
Freight companies are responsible for inspecting items before picking up a shipment from us. When freight carriers sign for items they pick up from us, they are indicating that items are received in good condition from us unless otherwise noted on the freight bill.
Therefore, it is critical that you inspect your shipment for any damages before signing for your delivery. Once you sign for your shipment–even if you sign it “Damaged,” “Subject to Inspection,” or make any other notes on the freight bill–you will need to file a freight claim with the carrier for any compensation and ECR will not be responsible for the outcome of your freight claim.
Delivered Shipment Instructions
- Inspect all packages thoroughly before signing for your shipment.
- Only sign for delivery of packages if there are no signs of damage.
- By signing your name on the freight bill, you are indicating that YOU ARE RECEIVING YOUR ORDER IN GOOD CONDITION unless you state otherwise on the freight bill.
- Refuse packages that have visible damage.
- If you follow these steps and REFUSE a damaged item in your shipment, we will re-deliver/replace the item at no cost to you after we confirm with the carrier that the item is coming back.
- If you fail to do any of the above, you will need to file a claim with the carrier (LTL Freight Company, AAA, etc.), and ECR is not responsible for the outcome of your freight claim!
*NOTE: ECR is not liable for any concealed damage.
If a shipment is refused because it was damaged in transit, we will re-deliver/replace the item at no cost to you after we confirm with the carrier that the item is coming back.
If a shipment is refused for any reason other than damaged in transit, you “the Customer” will be responsible for FULL FREIGHT charges going both ways and a 25% re-stocking fee. This does not include shipments damaged while in storage or shipping errors made on the part of ECR.
Additionally, if you refused delivery on your order, and it was not damaged in transit to you or no errors were made on the part of ECR. you will be responsible for any freight damages incurred on the return shipment.